Emotional Health and Wellbeing
At St. Edward’s Academy Cheddleton, we are all ambassadors for positive mental health and are committed to supporting the emotional health and wellbeing of our pupils, staff and families. We know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable and at times, anyone may need additional emotional support. We have achieved external recognition for the outstanding provision that we offer (Wellbeing Award for Schools) which includes but is not limited to;
- Promoting our school values school motto – ‘Learning and Caring Together.’
- Being active within lessons.
- Delivering a high quality Personal, Social and Health Education curriculum.
- Celebrating national and international emotional health and wellbeing themed days.
- Promoting pupil voice and opportunities to participate in our Pupil, ECO and Christian councils along with our Wellbeing Ambassadors
- Recognising academic and non-academic achievements in our Celebration worship.
- Providing opportunities to be still, reflect and complete mindfulness activities.
- Enabling access to appropriate and timely internal and external support for pupils, families and staff.
- Helping children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks.
- A regular Emotional Health and Wellbeing newsletter.
- Achieving the Wellbeing Award for Schools.
Wellbeing Award Quotes
Physical Health and Wellbeing
As a school, we recognise the importance of a balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. We ensure that we include regular physical activity, in PE lessons and at other designated times throughout the day so that our children reap the benefits of an active lifestyle. Based on research and evidence, we are conscious of the negative effect sugars, salts and fats have on pupils, in terms of their physical, academic and mental wellbeing. In response to this, we encourage everyone to model balanced eating as a valuable part of daily life.
Healthy School Policy