The members of our Christian Council are representatives from different areas of our community.
Christian School Council
EYFS – Florence and Henry
Key Stage 1 – Madison, Lola, Jacob and Joseph
Key Stage 2 – Isabelle, Bea, Robin and Joshua
School Staff members – Zac W (Christian Council Lead), Sarah H (RE/Worship Lead)
Anglican circuit Members
Cheddleton St. Edward the Confessor
Foundation Governors – Pam K, Agnes H
Members of the Methodist circuit
St. Andrew’s Methodist – Reverend Eleanor
Methodist Children and Family Worker – Jonny
Members of the Community
Community Member – Rob G
Our team meets each half term and is responsible for spiritual change within our school and local community.
Christian Council members at St. Edwards are responsible for encouraging the use of our Christian school values.
The Christian Council aims to:
- Ensure that the school’s Christian vision and values are reflected within the life of the school.
- Provide opportunities for children, staff, LAC members and members of the community to have an active role in the planning and delivery of worship.
- Plan, monitor and evaluate collective worship in school.
- Influence how class worship is delivered to ensure that it provides opportunities to gather, engage and respond.
- Create and develop areas for outdoor worship and reflection in and around the school.
- Keep updated with the current SIAMS framework.
To date this year we have: