Your Statement of Commitment and Case Study have been assessed and we are delighted to inform you that St Edward’s CofE Academy Cheddleton has been awarded an Artsmark Silver Award. Congratulations!
We have made the following comment about your submissions:
- You have increased your range of clubs, linking to outside providers, as you do with your successful choir and other music tuition.
- The Arts support your topic based approach and initiatives such as Forest School, Lego modelling, changes to homework policy and your introduction of arts based therapy have all been positive.
- As children are given greater ownership of their engagement and personal progression within the Arts, you will be able to evidence the benefits to their learning and their well-being that you admirably seek to support.
- You have good foundations in place and we look forward to hearing how you build your arts provision in the future.
- Arts Council England celebrates your ongoing commitment to arts and cultural education, and the opportunities emerging across your whole setting.
- Your children and young people are offered equal opportunity to participate in a broad range of arts and cultural experiences, and you recognise the importance of development opportunities for your staff that have tangible results in these areas.
- You understand the value of working with arts and cultural organisations and other settings, and are developing partnerships to enhance your provision.
- Your children and young people have an opportunity to develop their knowledge, skills and understanding of arts and culture, and you are working to instil confidence and build on the foundations of your provision.