St Edwards CE Academy is a Church of England Controlled School and as such we endeavour to base our everyday lives on Christian values and principles.
We are very proud of our School and its achievements. We are continually striving to provide a stimulating environment that is fully inclusive, happy and caring. An environment that enables everyone to develop skills, knowledge and attitudes necessary to build fulfilling lives.
We have a hardworking, enthusiastic and committed staff who, supported by dedicated governors, believe in the benefits of working as a team, which includes parents/carers, the Church and the wider community. This team approach ultimately optimises learning for all our children enabling them to flourish and be all they can be.
We are very much a community school, which happily welcomes visitors.
Principal: Mrs Sue Machin
Learning and caring together
St Edward CE Academy Cheddleton is a family of people who care for and respect one another.
Everyone is valued and encouraged to develop their gifts and talents truly.
Together, we learn to love and we love to learn.
- We will nurture and encourage the development of a Christian ethos of life, community and society.
- To provide a stimulating, happy, safe and secure environment.
- We will foster a child’s intellectual, physical, cultural, social, moral and spiritual development.
- We strive to develop a meaningful partnership between pupils, parents, staff, Governors and the community.
- We will teach a rich, broad and balanced curriculum.
- We will encourage the development of mutual respect and trust.
- We will enable and empower everybody to achieve his or her God given potential and enjoy learning.
With effect from 1st September 2015 our school board of governors will consist of:
The Headteacher + 3 Foundation governors + 5 Co-opted governors + 2 Parent governors + 1 Local Authority governor + 1 Staff governor + 1 Associate Governor [non-voting]
School Governors have an extremely important role regarding the leadership of our school. They are all volunteers and the school is extremely appreciative of the commitment and time that they give to us.
Our School Prospectus is available here for further, detailed information about St. Edward’s